RSS

Recent Posts

The Freezing Man
Mud Puddle Evangelism
Not The Right One
Does anyone remember Popeye?
Pray for us!

Categories

Blog
My Stories
News
powered by

My Blog

Mud Puddle Evangelism

It’s amazing the things that God uses to reach people. Jesus used a chance meeting at a well, a woman in trouble, sickness, death, a conversation on a hillside. The truth is that God can take any situation and turn it into a God moment.
Take for instance a few weeks ago after the 4:00 pm, “Super Bus Church,” I had the bright idea to race the kids. That’s right, I’m 64 years old and I wanted to have a foot race, a sprint! Looking back even at this point, I can see that it probably wasn’t going to end well.
The kids all were excited and gathered around me. We established that we would sprint from telephone pole to telephone pole.The truth is, that in my mind, I was going to win that race! I decided I would be first off the line. I still have some speed in these old legs.The race started pretty well, I was leading. Then as I looked to the finish line, I realized that I had no stopping strategy. What I saw was that just beyond the telephone pole was a small drop off and two large mud puddles. Believe me when I say, “I tried to stop.” Seeing that I couldn’t stop in time, I tried to keep on going and run through the puddle.It must have been a sight to behold. I went rolling head first through the mud puddle. I ended up sitting in the middle of one puddle covered with mud from head to toe. Muddy water was dripping off my nose, but no one laughed, not even the kids. They were pretty sure I had killed myself.These kids, 8-12 were like “911” had just arrived. They seemed to know exactly what to do! They helped me out of the mud hole. They ran and got me a chair to sit in. They all stood around asking, “Pastor are you alright, are you all right?”A new couple in the neighborhood saw the whole thing. I’m not sure what they thought about the preacher mud diving, but they came over with a towel, wet cloth, and a clean, dry shirt.They were so kind to me. As I sat there we talked about what Super Bus was doing there, about our church and how important all these children are to us. We told them that “Our Community IS Our Church.”
The result of my mud puddle experience was that my friend Bob, has insisted that I hang up my racing shoes and that all my great ideas need to first be run by him. “This is to protect the church from liability and for my own health and well-being.”Something amazing happened. We have become friends with the new couple/family that came to my aid and were so kind to me. Guess who’s been coming to church? Our new friends! Although I don’t recommend it, my first attempt at “Mud Puddle Evangelism” has really worked.I guess the real moral of this story is that God does work in mysterious ways. It also causes me to wonder, how many strange, or difficult situations that we find ourselves in; has God allowed us to be there and somehow be used?

Sincerely,
Pastor Ted Hambrick.

22 Comments to Mud Puddle Evangelism:

Comments RSS
Paul Jack on Saturday, June 2, 2018 2:01 AM
Lovely post! You are providing us something very interesting to read.

Pastor Ted Hambrick on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:14 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words. Hope you have a chance to explore our website and our Super Bus/Super Life lessons. Send me an email if you would like to learn more about how to start this program at your church! Keep reading. More to come. Sincerely, Pastor Ted

tableclothsfactory on Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:54 PM
Mud Puddle Evangelism

wholesale eyelashes on Monday, June 3, 2019 10:02 PM
Mud Puddle Evangelism

wedding stubby holders australia on Wednesday, June 5, 2019 10:03 PM
Mud Puddle Evangelism

iphone 8 plus cases on Friday, June 7, 2019 4:53 AM
Mud Puddle Evangelism

ypmuseum.org on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:37 AM
Thanks for giving such important religious message which is really turning point for me. I have never thought that anything like this will touch my heart.

soulja on Sunday, June 16, 2019 3:22 AM
Mud Puddle Evangelism

things to do on Monday, July 1, 2019 3:41 AM
Thank you so much for such a well-written article. It’s full of insightful information. Your point of view is the best among many without fail.For certain, It is one of the best blogs in my opinion.

destrage on Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:21 PM
Mud Puddle Evangelism

wwe supercard season 4 on Friday, July 5, 2019 6:11 AM
Becky says we saw two jackalias on Monday that it can't be done alone.

Cheap Promise Rings on Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:45 AM
Mud Puddle Evangelism

instastalker on Friday, October 11, 2019 4:35 AM
Excellent article you have shared with everyone, Thank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect for my needs. Reading a lot of post on instagram from my site

khajiit memes on Monday, November 11, 2019 3:23 AM
Skyrim is initially available on consoles and on PC on 11/11/2011.

https://twohalvesblog.com/ on Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:31 AM
Term Instructive programming contain various things like enlightening PC games, language improving, and math improving applications. Instructive composing PC programs is made to get to think about material in an intriguing manner.

Useless Websites on Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:42 PM
Mud Puddle Evangelism Useless Websites

Funny Wifi Names on Sunday, March 15, 2020 4:01 PM
A few of the best WiFi names are special enough not to be confused with various other networks, but not detailed enough to make it difficult to link them with a certain person, family members or organization. This, naturally, does not apply to public WiFi networks developed by firms. These networks need to constantly birth the names of the companies behind them.

Bruc Bond on Monday, March 16, 2020 1:32 PM

Bruc Bond on Monday, March 16, 2020 2:13 PM
Being able to forecast where markets are headed is the Holy Grail of money. With billions of bucks to be made, it's not a surprise machine discovering has actually played a significantly vital function in fintech. Bruc Bond endeavor to lead the financial sector with sustainability, customizable product offering, and open communication. At Bruc Bond we aim to make 21st century banking straightforward, simple, and transparent.

Bruc Bond on Monday, March 16, 2020 4:24 PM

Eyal Nachum on Monday, March 16, 2020 7:07 PM
Eyal Nachum is a fintech guru and a director at Bruc Bond. Eyal is the architect of the software that SMEs use to do cross-border payments.

small tattoos on Saturday, March 28, 2020 2:28 AM
small tattoos https://inksmalltattoos.com/ small tattoos