RSS

Recent Posts

The Freezing Man
Mud Puddle Evangelism
Not The Right One
Does anyone remember Popeye?
Pray for us!

Categories

Blog
My Stories
News
powered by

My Blog

Mud Puddle Evangelism

It’s amazing the things that God uses to reach people. Jesus used a chance meeting at a well, a woman in trouble, sickness, death, a conversation on a hillside. The truth is that God can take any situation and turn it into a God moment.
Take for instance a few weeks ago after the 4:00 pm, “Super Bus Church,” I had the bright idea to race the kids. That’s right, I’m 64 years old and I wanted to have a foot race, a sprint! Looking back even at this point, I can see that it probably wasn’t going to end well.
The kids all were excited and gathered around me. We established that we would sprint from telephone pole to telephone pole.The truth is, that in my mind, I was going to win that race! I decided I would be first off the line. I still have some speed in these old legs.The race started pretty well, I was leading. Then as I looked to the finish line, I realized that I had no stopping strategy. What I saw was that just beyond the telephone pole was a small drop off and two large mud puddles. Believe me when I say, “I tried to stop.” Seeing that I couldn’t stop in time, I tried to keep on going and run through the puddle.It must have been a sight to behold. I went rolling head first through the mud puddle. I ended up sitting in the middle of one puddle covered with mud from head to toe. Muddy water was dripping off my nose, but no one laughed, not even the kids. They were pretty sure I had killed myself.These kids, 8-12 were like “911” had just arrived. They seemed to know exactly what to do! They helped me out of the mud hole. They ran and got me a chair to sit in. They all stood around asking, “Pastor are you alright, are you all right?”A new couple in the neighborhood saw the whole thing. I’m not sure what they thought about the preacher mud diving, but they came over with a towel, wet cloth, and a clean, dry shirt.They were so kind to me. As I sat there we talked about what Super Bus was doing there, about our church and how important all these children are to us. We told them that “Our Community IS Our Church.”
The result of my mud puddle experience was that my friend Bob, has insisted that I hang up my racing shoes and that all my great ideas need to first be run by him. “This is to protect the church from liability and for my own health and well-being.”Something amazing happened. We have become friends with the new couple/family that came to my aid and were so kind to me. Guess who’s been coming to church? Our new friends! Although I don’t recommend it, my first attempt at “Mud Puddle Evangelism” has really worked.I guess the real moral of this story is that God does work in mysterious ways. It also causes me to wonder, how many strange, or difficult situations that we find ourselves in; has God allowed us to be there and somehow be used?

Sincerely,
Pastor Ted Hambrick.

6 Comments to Mud Puddle Evangelism:

Comments RSS
Paul Jack on Saturday, June 02, 2018 2:01 AM
Lovely post! You are providing us something very interesting to read.
Reply to comment

Pastor Ted Hambrick on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:16 PM
Thank you for your kind words. I hope you read more of our stories. Watch the video clip on the Home Page. It will tell you all about our Super Bus/Super Life program. Email me if you would like to hear more about how to start our program at your church. Sincerely, Pastor Ted

Pastor Ted Hambrick on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:14 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words. Hope you have a chance to explore our website and our Super Bus/Super Life lessons. Send me an email if you would like to learn more about how to start this program at your church! Keep reading. More to come. Sincerely, Pastor Ted
Reply to comment

Pastor Ted Hambrick on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:18 PM
Thank you for reading my story and for your nice comments. Please visit the Home Page and check out the video about our program. Email me if you would like to learn more about our program. Sincerely, Pastor Ted
Reply to comment

highest rated resume writers on Friday, December 28, 2018 3:19 AM
Spreading the word of the Lord God does not have to be in a serious tone every time. A little bit of fun can be used to make the sharing of the holy words of the Lord God more entertaining. As a priest that deals with kids, I often use a lot of references of things that they already understand. This enables me to have an easier time connecting with them, thus, making my job of teaching them the word of God easier.
Reply to comment

top resume writing services on Thursday, May 02, 2019 2:05 AM
When we were born the gift of life and the blessings from our Heavenly Father will be given to us. And evangelism I one of the process in order for us to accept and take the responsibility of a Christian. Though it is a typical way of accepting God as our Father there are a lot of meanings behind it. Like our Heavenly Father who evangelize Himself in the river somewhere in Jerusalem. It means purity and goodness in which God wants us to follow.
Reply to comment