RSS

Recent Posts

The Freezing Man
Mud Puddle Evangelism
Not The Right One
Does anyone remember Popeye?
Pray for us!

Categories

Blog
My Stories
News
powered by

My Blog

"Can't Never Could Do Nothing!

From Pastor Ted Hambrick: "Can't Never Could Do Nothing!:

I think it was determined early in my educational experience that I wasn't going to be a rocket scientist. I had a problem staying with the task long enough to learn the material. I was quick to say, "I can't." My older brother Bobby frequently tried to help me. When he would hear me say, "I can't," he would say, "Can't never could do nothing." It's bad grammar, but the principle was true. When you say, "I can't," what you're really saying is: "I give up!"

I haven't quite figured out this "getting old" thing. I don't know whether or not at a certain age you think, "Do I just stop and wait on Jesus or do I keep on going until I can't?

At about 50 years old, I decided that there were a lot of things I couldn't do physically, I was too old. The truth is I just quit trying. Some of the younger people around me treated me like a feeble old man. The truth is they were just trying to be respectful.

One day I was visiting my family in Nashville, Tennessee and my little brother Jimmy told me that I had ready decided that I was old. He declared he wasn't going to get old until he had to. On the way home I thought about what he said. I decided to live differently. I wasn't going to get old until I got old.

It was about that time, my son challenged me to hike part of the Appalachian Trail with him this spring. The only problem was I had already decided there were so many things I couldn't do physically. How could I carry a 40 lb pack and hike 10-15 miles a day on a trail? At that time physical exercise was walking to the mail box or picking sticks up off the front yard.

The thing I did was to accept the challenge from my son and I began to take hikes. I began to walk and hike. When I found something I couldn't do, I tried anyway. Then the next day I would do more and try harder, until I could accomplish the task. Soon I was doing a lot of things I had been convinced that I would never be able to do again. I was amazed how stong I felt. I also felt many years younger. It's been almost a year since I took the challenge. In a couple of months we will be hiking the trail.

The "can'ts" have become, "I can." I don't worry about not being able to do it. I can now do what I thought was impossible. This week I ran 4-5 miles and I biked 16 miles. I haven't run in 30 years. I've also been working with the weight machines at my gym to build muscle.

Where would I be if I had answered my son's challenge with, "I can't? I would still be too old and I would be staying at home in May instead of living a dream.

God calls all of us to do things that are beyond us. When we look at the challenge and say, "Lord, I can't," we are really saying, "Lord, I won't."

Here is how you should answer the Lord. The correct answer to the Lord is always, "Yes!" "No," is always a wrong answer. Answer and then try!

Give God your best effort. He will help you. Here is a biblical truth that I have found. "God does not call us to do the impossible, without making it possible.

13 Comments to "Can't Never Could Do Nothing!:

Comments RSS
best online writing services on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 7:39 AM
I can not wait to visit the trinitybiblefellowshipnazarene blog and sharing about never could do nothing for educational experience. The principle decided that there were a lot of things and treating the respectful.

write me an assignment on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 4:34 AM
Pray for us, god has blessed us with the great success and provide all the perfect money as well,keep it up. I am getting the more and perfect presence in this exciting opportunity and more chances.

Ryan Gosling Jacket on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 4:36 AM
Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks you actually understand what you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also talk over with my website =). We may have a hyperlink trade arrangement between us!

technicaldeputy.com/ on Thursday, July 19, 2018 12:25 AM
It is very nice and helpful to use and it gives quickbooks online support and quickbooks technical support number helps to save the large number of resource.

v on Sunday, March 31, 2019 3:44 PM
v

123helpme reviews on Wednesday, April 03, 2019 6:12 AM
If you think that you could do nothing, you’re wrong. Because you as an individual and the son of God was created to do something special wherein only you could do it. Do not drag yourself down, because once you drag yourself down others might too. Think of it, you have the ability to change yourself and explore the talent that I know you have. Try to explore it on your own, and once you explored it, show it to the world. You have what it takes to be in the limelight.

how to get robux for free on roblox on Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:26 AM
We'll explain how you can easily get free robux codes just by reading.

Tony Stark Jack on Tuesday, April 30, 2019 5:19 AM
This is a really interesting post.

3d mink eyelashes wholesale on Thursday, May 02, 2019 4:22 AM
what fake eyelashes to buy

3d mink lash vendors on Thursday, May 02, 2019 4:22 AM
what type of fake eyelashes should i buy

mink individual lashes on Thursday, May 02, 2019 4:23 AM
buy short fake eyelashes

iPhone 6s Cases on Thursday, May 02, 2019 4:23 AM
Hello this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.

fake eyelash brands on Thursday, May 02, 2019 4:23 AM
Any help would be enormously appreciated!